Lithop Living Stone, 4 Pack 2" Pots
Are you seeking a new plant that is completely out of the ordinary? Offbeat and exceptional, but also easy to care for at home. Lithops is the scientific name of the genus, but it is also often used as a common name. It stems from lithos (rock) and opsis (similar to). Other common names for these fat plants include living stones, flowering stones, and (affectionately) butts. In Namibia, the locals refer to them as “cattle hooves” or “sheep hooves” due to their hoof-like appearance. They are small plants, rarely getting more than an inch above the soil surface and usually with only two leaves. They practically demand to be ignored; you’ll find they fare far better with little intervention. Living stones produce large flowers, blooming between August and September when grown in the right conditions.
- Low maintenance
- They stay small and only reach a few inches in height
- Loves lots of sun, place it in an East, West, or South-facing window to provide light throughout the day
- Prefers watering once every 2 weeks during the growing period late summer/early fall
- Ideal temperature is between 65- 80°F
- Toxicity: Non-toxic to humans and pets
Get this by Friday,June 28 to 33785Delivery Option
Every purchase will include a heat pack for each plant if your region is experiencing cold weather. We also include a free 3 month subscription to our plant care app called Super Greg and fertilizer tabs to feed your new plants for up to 6 months!